When setting the clock source for a host, set the hostname or address of an NTP server to be the network clock source for the host. If the host is using a local clock source, you must specify local here to allow Set the Local Clock Source to be effective.
Specify the Network Clock Source
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration >Services.
- In the Services grid, select a service and View> System.
The System view for the service is displayed.
- In the Services System view toolbar, click Host Tasks.
- In the Host Task List, select Set Network Time Source.
- Do one of the following:
- Type the hostname or address of the NTP server to serve as the clock source for this host; for example: source=tictoc.localdomain
- If you want to use the host clock as a clock source, type:
- Click Run.
The clock source is set and a message is displayed in the Output area.
Note: If you specified a NTP clock source of local, the host clock serves as the clock source and the time is configured using Set Host Built-In Clock.