|Resolution||The above mentioned issue can be resolved by upgrading the RemoteAgent software.|
The RemoteAgent, which is simply an on-premise AveksaAgent setup, is responsible for the collections and needs to be upgraded when the MAL is upgraded to ensure the versions match.
The following steps outline a simple step-by-step guide on to quickly upgrade the RemoteAgent software:
- Logon with the appropriate access right to the MAL WebUI.
- From the main menu, select Collectors -> Agents and click at the RemoteAgent you wish to upgrade.
- Click the Download button and download the AveksaAgent.zip archive locally.
- Transfer the in the above step 3 downloaded AveksaAgent.zip file to the RemoteAgent host under the RemoteAgent installation directory: /home/aveksaagent/RemoteAgent
- Login to the RemoteAgent host as root (or equivalent account with permissions to start / stop service) with an SSH session.
- Change directory to the RemoteAgent installation directory.
- Stop the RemoteAgent service.
service aveksa_agent stop
- Change user to Fout! Onbekende naam voor documenteigenschap.
su - Fout! Onbekende naam voor documenteigenschap
- Change directory to the RemoteAgents installation directory.
- Unpack the in step 4 copied AveksaAgent.zip file.
- When asked to overwrite the files, press “A”, enter to continue.
replace AveksaAgent/README.txt? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: A
- Change directory to the RemoteAgent bin directory.
- Change the file permissions so they can be executed for all files at the bin directory.
chmod 755 *
- Exit this user account going back to the initial account (step 5) you used to login to the host.
- Start the RemoteAgent service.
service aveksa agent start
- You can logout from the host.
- Return to the MAL WebUI, login if needed, and verify if the RemoteAgent is up and running. From the main menu, select Collectors -> Agents and verify the RemoteAgent is marked as running in the Is Running column.
- Verify all collectors work as before, able to connect and collect.