Follow the below steps to download the latest PostgreSQL jar file and add it to RSA G&L aveksa.ear library folder.
1. Download the missing/incompatible driver
- Access PostgreSQL website to download the latest PostgreSQL JDBC41 driver that is compatible with RSA G&L 7.0.0 /7.0.1 JDK 1.7 (i.e postgresql-9.4.1212.jre7.jar)
2. Add the PostgresSQL driver to the G&L libraries inside aveksa.ear
In order to modify aveksa.ear, we need to use the a utility customizeACM.sh in /home/oracle/deploy that allows to extract aveksa.ear file and rebuild a customized version.
3. Fix the database connection URL
- Make sure that RSA G&L is running
- Log in as oracle user
- Go to /home/oracle/deploy
- Run the customizeACM.sh script to extract the .ear file, specifying the location of the .ear file that you want to modify. Enter
The contents of the .ear are extracted to a directory in the following location: /tmp/customizeACM/
- Copy the downloaded driver postgresql-9.4.1212.jre7.jar (in Step 1) to /tmp/customizeACM/aveksa.ear/aveksa.war/WEB-INF/LocalAgent/common/lib/
- Make sure the file owners are set to oracle:oinstall, and the file permissions are set to rw- for both owner and group owner.
- When logged in as root, use the commands below to change permissions as root:
chown oracle:oinstall postgresql-9.4.1212.jre7.jar
chmod 660 postgresql-9.4.1212.jre7.jar
- When you finish modifying the files, run the customizeACM.sh script again to rebuild the .ear file. From /home/oracle/deploy, enter
The script archives the new .ear file to the location-/home/oracle/archive, appending a time and date stamp to the name and deploys the new customized .ear file.
Please carry out the below steps once the deployment of the updated aveksa.ear is completed (in Step-2)
- Edit the collector Database Connection URL to remove the extra jdbc: value. The URL should look like the example below:
- Add correct PostgreSql connectivity details under URL , User Name and Password field and click "Test Connection". It should give you "Connection Successful" message
Note- Using the "Test Connection" button with default URL in the Database Connection gives wrong error message "java.sql.SQLException:No suitable driver found for jdbc:postgresql://:/". So always test the connection with url having host,port and database value.