|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Security Analytics|
RSA Product/Service Type: SA Security Analytics Server
RSA Version/Condition: 10.6.0 - 10.6.2
|Issue||On the RSA Security Analytics server the Jetty web server will throw a NullPointerException if a feed file cannot be reached.|
ERROR com.rsa.smc.sa.core.service.DefaultHttpClientService - https://ecatserverexported:9443/api/v1/feed/machines.csv
This will impact performance on the RSA Security Analytics server.
In /var/lib/netwitness/uax/sa.log you will see:
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
|Resolution||This will be addressed in RSA Security Analytics version 10.6.3.|
1. SSH as root in to your SA server
Repair or remove the failed feed that cannot be accessible.
1. Click on Dashboards or Administration - Select Live and click on Feeds.
2. Check in the list of Feeds for the failed feed(s).
3. Use the select box to select the failed feed.
4. Click the edit icon and use the verify button to confirm the feed is accessible. If the feed is not accessible determine why the link to the feed is down or remove the feed by clicking on the minus delete button until you have resolved the location of the feed.