This on-demand learning introduces the concept and benefits of Role-Based Access Control (RBAC). The course presents roles management project planning and implementation considerations, common use cases, and best practices. The material includes demonstrations of discovering and maintaining roles using RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle.
Internal employees and partners and customers.
Students should have familiarity with the following RSA products and solutions prior to taking this training:
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Define Role-Based Access Control (RBAC).
- Discuss benefits of using Roles for access control.
- Identify the features of RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle that support Role-bases Access Control.
- Describe the components of a Role Management project.
- Outline the process for implementing roles.
- Provide common use cases for Roles Management.
- Discuss Best Practices for Role Management
- Module 1: Role Management Overview
- Definition of a Role
- Types of Roles
- Benefits of Role Management
- Features of RSA Business Role Manager
- Module 2: Planning a Role Management Project
- Identify Key Stakeholders
- Establish a manageable project scope
- Set clear objectives for the project
- Module 3 : Implementing a Role Management Project
- Approaches to Role Engineering
- Process for a Top-Down Role Management Project
- Common indicators of role model problems
- Module 4: Best Practices and Common Use Cases for Role Management
- List of Best Practices
- Demonstration of role mining
- Demonstration of role maintenance