February 03 , 2012
This document lists what's new and changed in RSA Authentication Agent 5.3.5 for Apache Web Server It also includes steps to upgrade to RSA Authentication Agent 5.3.5 for Apache WebServer and links to access Support and Service. Read this document before installing the product.
This document contains the following sections:
This Readme may be updated. The most current version can be found on RSA Link https://community.rsa.com. Or, you can print this Readme.
What's New in This Release
The RSA Authentication Agent 5.3.5 for Apache Web Server patch (and full installation) includes these changes:
- The node secret file is in a new format. As a result, the node secret file has to be updated while upgrading from RSA Authentication Agent 5.3 to RSA Authentication Agent 5.3.5.
- The same node secret file cannot be shared between two agents installed on the same machine. Each agent will require its own SecurID file.
- Fix for the following defects:
- AAAPC-264: Changes old node secret format to new format.
You can install RSA Authentication Agent 5.3.5 for Apache Web Server as a full installation or you can upgrade from RSA Authentication Agent 5.3 for Apache Web Server to RSA Authentication Agent 5.3.5 for Apache Web Server For example, if your computer does not have RSA Authentication Agent 5.3 for Apache Web Server installed, the full product installs on the computer. If you do have RSA Authentication Agent 5.3 for Apache WebServer installed, this patch upgrades the product and saves your current settings. For more information on upgrading see Upgrading from RSA Authentication Agent 5.3 to Authentication Agent 5.3.5
To install RSA Authentication Agent 5.3.5 for Apache Web Server as a full installation:
- Log on to the computer root/admin or use an account that has administrator privileges.
- Copy the kit contents to a local directory.
- Run the command ./install.sh
- Follow the prompts to install and provide the inputs appropriately .
To upgrade from RSA Authentication Agent for Web 5.3 to RSA Authentication Agent for Web 5.3.5
- Create a backup of your configuration files in a separate location.
- Install the new agent.
- Copy the configuration files back.
- Follow the steps below to upgrade the node secret file located at /var/ace.
Note: The name of the node secret file is securid.
- After installing the RSA Authentication Agent 5.3.5 for Apache Web Server, delete the node secret file from the RSA Authentication Agent 5.3.5 for Apache Web Server if it exists from /var/ace.
- Go to Authentication Manager and clear the node secret for this agent. For more information refer to the Authentication Manager documentation.
These steps will prompt the Authentication Manager to establish a new node secret at the time of the next authentication.
Getting Support and Service
RSA SecurCare Online: https://knowledge.rsasecurity.com/
Customer Support Information: www.rsa.com/support
RSA Secured Partner Solutions Directory: http://www.rsasecured.com/
© 2010 RSA Security Inc. All rights reserved.
RSA and the RSA logo are registered trademarks of RSA Security Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. For the most up-to-date listing of RSA trademarks, see www.rsa.com/legal/trademarks_list.pdf. EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation. All other goods and/or services mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.