RSA has found an issue in the current RSA NetWitness Endpoint 4.3 release. This issue can cause Windows agents to become non-functional after initiating an upgrade. A fix is being created, and will be made available in an upcoming patch. The current RSA NetWitness Endpoint version 4.3 download has been disabled on RSA Link.
- All upgrades to RSA NetWitness Endpoint 4.3 agents for Microsoft Windows.
- Full installations of RSA NetWitness Endpoint
- Server-only upgrades to RSA NetWitness Endpoint 4.3
- Mac and Linux Agent upgrades
This error is not visible to the end user. However, when the upgraded Windows agent fails to start, the analyst will lose visibility into that specific endpoint.
- All customers should wait for an upcoming patch before deploying 4.3 in their environments.
- New customers who have already installed 4.3, or existing customers who have already upgraded their windows agents to the current 4.3 version without any side effect, can continue to operate their system without concern.
- Existing customers who have already upgraded their Windows Agents and are experiencing errors should contact RSA Customer Support for resolution.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.