Option 1: Have a Super Administrator reset your password
See Edit a Super Admin Account on the Administration Console for instructions.
Option 2: Use the Forgot Password Link
- Click the Forgot Password link on the RSA SecurID Access Administration Console login screen:
- A Forgot Password window will pop up for you to enter an email address. This must be the same email address as the username with which you are attempting access the console. For example, if you have forgotten the password for username firstname.lastname@example.org, then you must enter email@example.com in the Forgot Password window. When you click Send, the reset password email will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not possible to reset the password for your username by sending to a different email address.
- The login page will be displayed again, showing the message: An email has been sent to reset your password
- When you receive the reset password email, click the Reset Password link.
- A window will open in your browser allowing you to reset the password.
- You should now be able to return to the Administration Console login page and login successfully with your username and the new password.
Additional Tips for Forgot Password
This method relies on the email address entered in the Forgot Password pop up window being the same as the username whose password has been forgotten and you need to be able to receive emails sent to that address. When using this method:
- Administrator usernames defined in RSA SecurID Access should be valid email addresses that the user can access. If not, the Forgot Password method cannot be used to reset a password.
- If the email address entered at Step 2. above is not a username defined in RSA SecurID Access, you will still receive the confirmation message that an email has been sent to reset your password; however, no email will be sent. This is by design and is not a product error.
- If the wrong user's email address is entered in the Forgot Password pop-up window, the other user will not be affected unless they:
- Receive the email, and
- Click on the Reset Password link, and
- Change their password.
- Take care if you have two or more usernames that you use to login to the Administration Console. Make sure that you enter the correct username's email address in the Forgot Password pop-up window, so that you do not accidentally reset the wrong password.
- If you do not receive the reset password email, check for common email problems, such as network delays, a mistyped or a wrong email address entered in the pop-up window or that the email may have been sent to your junk email folder. Reset password emails are sent by RSA Via <email@example.com> .
- If you are unable to use the Forgot Password option due to email or other issues, a Super Administrator in your organization can reset your password for you as discussed above.