|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Agent for Windows
RSA Version/Condition: 7.3.x and above
- Offline days are not downloading to the agent after enabling the Offline Authentication policy in RSA Authentication Manager 8.1.
- The Authentication Activity Monitor is displaying the following error message:
Offline Authentication Data Download Failed
- The activity key and description of this failed message are:
Offline Authentication Data Download Failed.
Offline Authentication data download requested by user <user ID> from agent <agent name> using token <token serial number> failed with error message "Failed to send day data."
- On the workstation where the authentication agent installed, the RSA Control Center displays the message:
You are not currently authorized for RSA SecurID offline authentication.
|Cause||These errors occur if|
- The Minimum Passcode Length does not match the value in the Offline Authentication Policy settings.
- The appropriate authenticators have not been selected.
- The appropriate code types have not been selected.
- Login to the RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 primary server’s Security Console as a super admin user.
- Select Authentication > Policies > Offline Authentication Policy > Manage Existing.
- Determine if the Offline Authentication Policy which has been selected is the default policy.
- Edit the default policy by clicking on the drop down next to the policy and clicking Edit.
- Under Offline Authentication Security Settings, select the following options:
- Set the Minimum Passcode Length to 8 characters in length.
- Under Allow Offline Authentication Using, select the following options
- PINPad or Software Token
- PIN-less Token (doesn't require SecurID PIN)
- Under Offline Emergency Codes, ensure to select the below options in the Code Types:
- Offline Emergency Tokencodes
- Offline Emergency Passcodes
- Other settings can be left as the defaults or modified based on the requirement.
- Click Save.
- Try to authenticate and the offline days will be downloaded successfully