A dashboard is a group of dashlets that give you the ability to view in one space key snapshots of the various modules that you consider important. In Security Analytics, you can compose dashboards to obtain high-level information and metrics that portray the overall picture of a Security Analytics deployment, displaying only the information that is most relevant to day-to-day operations.
By default, the Security Analytics Dashboard is displayed when you log into Security Analytics, and it is populated with a few useful dashlets to get you started with your own customizations. The dashlets for all Security Analytics modules are available to add to the default Security Analytics dashboard or a custom Security Analytics dashboard.
To display the Security Analytics dashboard, do one of the following:
- Log on to Security Analytics, and the application opens to the Security Analytics dashboard.
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Dashboard.
The Default Dashboard
The default dashboard is configured to display specific dashlets in specific positions. The default dashboard serves as an example of dashboard composition and a starting point for customization.
- You can customize the information on the default dashboard by editing dashlets, adding dashlets, moving dashlets, maximizing dashlets, and deleting dashlets.
- After modifying the default dashboard, you can restore the default dashboard to its original layout.
- The default dashboard cannot be deleted.
Note: From 10.6.3 onwards, the Admin Service Monitor dashlet is not available.
You can create custom dashboards to serve a particular purpose; for example, to represent a specific geographical or functional area of the network. Each custom dashboard is appended to the Dashboard Selection List.
Once custom dashboards are created, you can:
- Switch between dashboards by selecting an option from the Dashboard Selection List
- Delete any custom dashboard
- Import or export a dashboard
Each dashboard has:
- The dashboard toolbar
- The dashboard title and the Dashboards Selection List
- Zero or more dashlets
Out-Of-The-Box dashboards are dashboards that will be available to the user on upgrade to 10.6.3. By default, these dashboards are disabled on Security Analyticsinstallation. For more information on each Out-Of-The-Box dashboards, see the OOTB Dashboards PDF.
The dashboard title reflects the current module; for example, Dashboard.
The dashboard toolbar is available next to the current dashboard title. The dashboard toolbar allows various operations on dashboards and dashlets.
Sets the selected dashboard as Favorite.
|Add Dashlet||Displays the Add a Dashlet dialog, where you add a dashlet to the current dashboard.|
|Remove Dashboard||Deletes a custom dashboard. The default dashboard cannot be deleted.|
|Change Dashboard Layout||Displays the Change Dashboard Layout dialog, where you change the layout of the dashboard to one of five options.|
|Create New Dashboard||Displays the Create a Dashboard dialog, where you define a custom dashboard.|
|Rename Dashboard||Displays the Rename Dashboard dialog, where you change the dashboard title.|
|Restore Default Dashboard||Restores the default dashboard to its original appearance, with the default dashlets in their original positions.|
|Copy Dashboard||Creates a copy of a dashboard which can be shared with other roles to be modified.|
|Export Dashboard||Creates a .cfg file containing the structure of the current dashboard.|
|Import Dashboard||Adds a dashboard based on the previously exported .cfg file.|
Shares a dashboard with other roles for viewing.
Note: The delete, export, and share options are not available for OOTB Dashboards.
Dashboard Selection List
Security Analytics uses dashlets to display focused subsets of system information, services, jobs, resources, subscriptions, rules, Incident Queue activity, Incident Analysts activity, and other information.
Security Analytics modules can display only those dashlets presented in the Add a Dashlet dialog. The main dashboard offers all Security Analytics dashlets. This is an example of currently available dashlets.
Controls for a dashlet are in the title bar. All dashlets use a common set of controls, and only those that apply to the particular dashlet appear in the title bar.
The following options have been added to RE Top Alerts, RE Alert Variance and RE Realtime Charts Dashlets on left-click:
- Hide For 24 Hours: This option allows you to hide the data for a selected value for the next 24 hours. After 24 hours, the data will automatically be displayed on the dashlet, if the value is on the top.
- Hide Permanently: This option allows you to hide the data for a selected value permanently.
- Manage Hidden Values: This option displays a list of all the hidden values. You can select the checkbox for a value and click Remove to unhide the data.
Note: These options are available for Default, Custom, and OOTB Dashboards but it is not available for Shared Dashboards. However, when you edit a value in an OOTB Dashboard it is an user-specific change. The changes made to an OOTB Dashboard will be applicable only to your dashlet and cannot be viewed by other users who use the same OOTB Dashboard. For example, if you hide a value in an Overview Dashboard, the change will be applicable only to your dashlet. If an another user views the same Overview Dashboard, the value will still be displayed.