|Applies To||RSA Product Set: RSA Link (community.rsa.com)|
Platform: Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.x
|Issue||Occasionally when a user is experiencing a browser issue relating to the RSA Link website, the RSA Customer Support and/or RSA Link teams will ask that user to collect a network trace in the form of a .HAR file so that it can be analyzed.|
|Resolution||The steps below explain how to capture a network trace from within the Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser.|
- Open the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser and navigate to the specific page that is experiencing the issue.
- Open the F12 Developer Tools by clicking the Settings button in the top-right corner and selecting F12 Developer Tools.
- Click on the network tab within the Developer Tools pane and then click on the green Play button in the top-left corner of the play to begin capturing the web traffic.
- Reload the page by pressing F5 or Ctrl+R, or by clicking on the Refresh icon in the browser toolbar.
- Perform any other activity relating to the issue, such as clicking on certain links or buttons, so that the activity can be captured in the trace.
- Click on the red Stop button in the Developer Tools pane or press Shift+F5 to stop capturing traffic.
- Click on the Export button (gray disk icon with an arrow) to save the captured web traffic.
- Save the XML file with a descriptive name that includes the date and provide it to RSA Customer Support via the support case for it to be analyzed.