000035228 - How do I earn points for participating on RSA Link?

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 6, 2017Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 6, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000035228
Applies ToAll RSA Link users
TasksWithin RSA Link, users earn points (known as gamification points) for participating on the community.  This includes liking and commenting on content, marking documents as "Helpful" or "Not Helpful", creating content and performing various other actions.  These actions are referred to as missions.
The purpose of this document is to explain how these points are earned and how a user can view the points they have earned and the missions that they have completed.
ResolutionThere are two types of missions within RSA Link, Repeatable Missions and Non-Repeatable Missions, which are explained in the sections below.

Repeatable Missions

Repeatable missions are tasks that can be completed for points any number of times.

Creation and Active Points

DescriptionReward
Create Content1 Point
Download an Attachment1 Point
Mark a Reply as Answered5 Points
Mark a Reply as Helpful2 Points
Take Social Action on Content (Like, Follow, or Bookmark)1 Point
Post a Comment or Reply1 Point
Vote on an Idea5 Points

Passive Points

DescriptionReward
Someone Downloaded your Document5 Points
Someone Followed You5 Points
Someone Marked Your Reply as Correct50 Points
Someone Marked Your Reply as Helpful25 Points
Someone Mentioned You5 Points
Someone Rated Your Content2 Points
Someone Removed a Social Action from Your Content (Unlike, Unfollow, or Remove Bookmark)-10 Points
Someone Replied to Your Content1 Point
Someone Took Social Action on Your Content (Like, Follow, or Bookmark)10 Points
Someone Voted on Your Idea2 Points
Someone Voted on Your Poll5 Points

Non-Repeatable Missions

Non-repeatable missions are tasks that can only be completed for points once.

Creation and Active Points

Mission GroupMission NameDescriptionReward
I Comment on ContentFirst Responder Level 1Comment on 5 pieces of content25 Points
I Comment on ContentFirst Responder Level 2Comment on 100 pieces of content50 Points
I Comment on ContentFirst Responder Level 3Comment on 250 pieces of content100 Points
I Comment on ContentFirst Responder Level 4Comment on 1000 pieces of content1000 Points
I Install AppsAppifiedInstall 3 Apps10 Points
I Install AppsMad ScientistInstall 10 Apps100 Points
I Log InKey to the CityLog in 10 times10 Points
I Log InI'll Be BackLog in 1000 times1000 Points
I Mark Someone's Reply as CorrectSeal of Approval Level 1Mark a reply as correct on 5 of your questions50 Points
I Mark Someone's Reply as CorrectSeal of Approval Level 2Mark a reply as correct on 25 of your questions250 Points
I Mark Someone's Reply as CorrectSeal of Approval Level 3Mark a reply as correct on 50 of your questions500 Points
I Mark Someone's Reply as CorrectSeal of Approval Level 4Mark a reply as correct on 100 of your questions1500 Points
I Mark Someone's Reply as HelpfulHelp the Helpers Level 1Mark 5 replies to your questions as Helpful25 Points
I Mark Someone's Reply as HelpfulHelp the Helpers Level 2Mark 25 replies to your questions as Helpful150 Points
I Mark Someone's Reply as HelpfulHelp the Helpers Level 3Mark 50 replies to your questions as Helpful250 Points
I Mark Someone's Reply as HelpfulHelp the Helpers Level 4Mark 100 replies to your questions as Helpful750 Points
I Reply to QuestionsSnappy Answers Level 1Reply to 25 discussions or questions25 Points
I Reply to QuestionsSnappy Answers Level 2Reply to 100 discussions or questions100 Points
I Reply to QuestionsSnappy Answers Level 3Reply to 250 discussions or questions500 Points
I Reply to QuestionsSnappy Answers Level 4Reply to 1000 discussions or questions2500 Points
I SearchSearcherEarned upon your first 'spotlight' search10 Points
One Off MissionsIn the GameUpload an avatar to your profile15 Points

Onboarding

OnboardingFile SharerHave your uploaded Office document downloaded 2 separate times5 Points
OnboardingFollowerFollow another user5 Points
OnboardingForget-Me-NotBookmark a piece of content5 Points
OnboardingInfluencerGet followed by 5 people15 Points
OnboardingPollsterVote in a poll5 Points
OnboardingScribeCreate your first document on RSA Link5 Points
OnboardingSOSAsk a question to complete the mission5 Points
OnboardingTag!Tag any piece of content5 Points
OnboardingWell LikedLike 5 pieces of content5 Points

Passive Points

Someone Commented on my ContentConversation StarterYou received 25 comments on your content250 Points
Someone Marks My Replies as CorrectCorrect! Level 1Answer 5 questions correctly250 Points
Someone Marks My Replies as CorrectCorrect! Level 2Answer 25 questions correctly1000 Points
Someone Marks My Replies as CorrectCorrect! Level 3Answer 100 questions correctly2500 Points
Someone Marks My Replies as CorrectCorrect! Level 4Answer 1000 questions correctly25000 Points
Someone Marks My Replies as CorrectResident GuruCreate your first document on RSA Link75000 Points
Someone Marks My Replies as HelpfulHelper Level 1Have your reply marked Helpful 25 times500 Points
Someone Marks My Replies as HelpfulHelper Level 2Have your reply marked Helpful 100 times2000 Points
Someone Marks My Replies as HelpfulHelper Level 3Have your reply marked Helpful 250 times5000 Points
Someone Marks My Replies as HelpfulHelper Level 4Have your reply marked Helpful 1000 times15000 Points

Viewing your Points and Completed Missions

Everything you do on RSA Link contributes to your reputation within the website, whether it is creating content, responding to questions in discussion threads, or other actions.  You can view your reputation by going to your profile and clicking on the Reputation tab.
User-added image

On the Reputation tab you can see the points that you have earned most recently, as well as any missions that you have completed and where you rank across the website with other users in terms of points.
User-added image
It is also possible to view the Reputation tab on any other user's profile to see the points that they have earned, as well as their completed missions and overall ranking on RSA Link.

Attachments

Outcomes