RSA Authentication Manager is provided with the RSA SecurID Access Base Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Premium Edition licenses. For more information about what is included in each license level, see “RSA SecurID Access License Options” at https://community.rsa.com/docs/DOC-75836.
For RSA Authentication Manager 8.0 or later, earlier licenses can be used with later versions of Authentication Manager, but later licenses cannot be used with earlier versions of Authentication Manager. For example, installing or upgrading RSA Authentication Manager 8.3 requires an existing version 8.0 or later license, a new version 8.3 license, or any combination of these licenses. Authentication Manager supports stackable licenses that allow you to add users and authenticators to your existing license.
Authenticators include hardware tokens, software tokens, and the RSA SecurID Authenticate app. When Authentication Manager users successfully authenticate with the Authenticate app, their user records are updated with the app. The Authenticate app counts as an active token for licensing purposes.
Each license includes the following Authentication Manager features:
- A specific number of tokens (authenticators).
- Authenticator workflow provisioning
- Offline authentication
A license can include the following optional features:
- On-demand authentication (ODA)
- Risk-based authentication (RBA)
- Business continuity
It is important to know:
- You can install multiple licenses.
- The Account ID must be the same for all licenses.
- The License ID (or Stack ID), must be unique for each license. You cannot install the same license twice.
- Users only count against the license limit if they have one or more assigned authenticators. Users without authenticators do not count against the limit.
- Each assigned token used to access agent-protected resources counts against the license limit. For example, a user who authenticates with a hardware token and the Authenticate app is considered to have two tokens for licensing purposes.
- The Security Console displays warning messages when you exceed 85, 95, and 100 percent of the user limit.
- The system updates the user counts every hour and each time that a user views the license status in the Security Console.
RSA provides the license files separately from your RSA Authentication Manager download kit. Make sure that you know the location of the license file before running the primary appliance Quick Setup. The license file must be accessible to the browser that is used to run the primary appliance Quick Setup. Do not unzip the license file.