Software token files provisioned using file-based distribution have the.SDTID extension. The data in the token file includes the seed used by the SecurID algorithm, and other metadata such as expiration date, serial number, and number of digits in the tokencode.
Before you begin
Confirm the following:
- Software tokens have been imported.
- Software token profiles have been added.
In the Security Console, go to the Home page.
Use Quick Search to find the user.
Select the user to whom you want to assign a token.
Under Assigned SecurID Tokens, click Assign More Tokens > Assign Software Tokens.
- Select a token from the list or search for a token in the search bar.
- Click Assign Token(s).
- From the Select Token Profile drop-down list, select a software token profile with file-based provisioning as the delivery method.
- In the Device Serial Number field, leave the default selection or enter the appropriate device information.
- (Optional) In the Nickname field, enter a user-friendly nickname for the software token, if supported.
- You can choose to Password Protect the token file. The following options are available:
- Password. Enter a password of your choice. This password applies to all software tokens in the token distribution file. A password can be up to 24 characters long.
- No password. The user does not enter a password.
- User ID. The user enters his or her User ID.
- Combination User ID followed by Password. The user enters his or her User ID and the password that you set. The User ID and password combination can be up to 24 characters long.
If you select Password or Combination, choose a password, and enter it in the Password and Confirm Password fields.
Click Save and Distribute.
Click Download Now.
After you finish
Save a software token to a file and electronically deliver it to the user's device.