This topic provides information on how to create a collection on a Workbench service.
You can create a collection using data restored from the backed up data or existing subset of data. When you recover the backed up data, you have to place it in the collection folder created on the Workbench service to enable you to generate the required reports for the retrieved data. For example, if you have backed up the data using EMC Networker at <location>, you can use the restore options in Networker to restore the backed up data to the collection folder created on the Workbench service installed on the Archiver. For restore procedure using EMC Networker, see the Administration Guide for Networker.
Ensure that you have:
- Workbench service installed on an Archiver host.
- Ensure the Workbench service has enough space to hold the collection.
- The backed up data placed in a known location on your local host, if you are creating a collection using the data restored from the backed up data.
The Collections tab enables Administrators to restore and save data that is restored from a backup or from an existing set of data.
To create a collection using data restored from the backed up data or existing subset of data:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Services > Workbench.
- From the Services grid, select > View > Config.
The General tab is displayed.
- Click the Collections tab.
The Collections grid is displayed.
- Click in the toolbar.
The Restoration Collection dialog is displayed.
- Provide the following information:
- Name: Name of the workbench collection that you want to restore.
- Source: Location where the Archiver database files have been moved from cold storage.
- Click Save to restore the collection.
The Schedule Job dialog is displayed with the following message:
"Restoring data into a new collection. Check the jobs page for progress."
- Click Jobs icon in the top right area of the Security Analytics menu to expand the list of restoration collection jobs with their current status.