This topic provides information on the Data Backup and Restore feature for an Archiver.
You can use this feature to back up Archiver data and retrieve the backed up data. You can restore the data on to the Workbench service installed on the Archiver for reporting.
You can back up the data in the following ways:
- Utilize scripts to copy files from cold storage backup folders onto an offline storage.
- Utilize backup software to copy files from cold storage backup folders onto an offline storage.
- Run EMC Networker or other backup software on Archiver and have it do daily incremental backup of the database files.
Once you have the data backup, you have to perform the following tasks to restore the backed up data on to the Workbench service installed on the Archiver.
For more information about Workbench, see Workbench Configuration Guide.
- Step 1. Add Workbench Service
- Step 2. Create Collection
- Step 3. Add Workbench Service as Data Source to Reporting Engine
- Step 4. Add Workbench Service as a Data Source to Broker