Complete the following steps to deploy the OVA file on the vSphere Server or ESX Server using the vSphere client.
Make sure that you have:
- Network IP addresses, netmask, and gateway IP addresses for the virtual host.
- Network names for all virtual hosts, if you are creating a cluster.
- DNS or host information.
- Password for virtual host access. The default username is
rootand the default password is
- The Security Analytics virtual host package file. (You download this package from Download Central (https://download.rsasecurity.com).)
To deploy the OVA host:
- Log on to the ESXi environment.
- In the File drop-down, select Deploy OVF Template.
The Deploy OVF Template dialog is displayed.
- In the Deploy OVF Template dialog, select the OVF for the host that you want to deploy in the virtual environment (for example, V10.0 GOLD\OVFImge\v10_SA_OVF\nwreuax_OVF10.ovf), and click Next.
The Name and Location dialog is displayed. The designated name does not reflect the server hostname. The name displayed is useful for inventory reference from within ESXi.
- Make a note of the name, and click Next.
Storage Options are displayed.
- For Storage options, designate the datastore location for the virtual host.
- Click Next.
The Network Mapping options are displayed.
- Leave the default values, and click Next.
Previous Topic: Install SA Virtual Host in Virtual Environment
Next Topic:Step 2. Configure the Network
You are hereTable of Contents > Install SA Virtual Host in Virtual Environment > Step 1. Deploy the Virtual Host