Under certain conditions it is necessary to reboot a host; for example, after installing a software upgrade. This procedure uses a Host Task List message to shut down and restart a host.
Security Analytics also offers other options for shutting down a host:
- To shut down and restart a host through an attached service, go to the Hosts view from a service in the Services view (see Search for Hosts) and then follow the Shut Down and Restart a Host from the Hosts View procedure below.
- To shut down the physical host without restarting, see Shut Down Host.
Shut Down and Restart a Host from the Hosts View
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Hosts.
- In the Hosts panel, select a host.
- Select from the toolbar.
Shut Down and Restart a Host from the Host Task List
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration >Services.
- In the Services panel, select a service and > View> System.
The System view for the service is displayed.
- In the Services System view toolbar, click Host Tasks.
- In the Host Task List, select Reboot Host in the Task field.
No arguments are required.
- Click Run.
The host is rebooted and the result is displayed in the Output area.