This topic tells administrators how to change the default storage password for the ESA database.
In Security Analytics, this procedure is optional. However, it is always a best practice for administrators to change any default password for added security. Some organizations do not allow default passwords and make this procedure mandatory.
You must have Administrator role privileges.
Change Password for ESA Database Account
- Log on to the host that runs the ESA service:
- SSH to the ESA host.
- Log on as root.
- Log on to the MongoDB as the admin user:
mongo esa -u admin -p <current_admin_password> --authenticationDatabase admin
- Type the following command to change the ESA account password. The default pasword is esa.
Change Password for ESA Service
- Log on to Security Analytics as admin.
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Services.
- Select the ESA service, then > View > Explore.
- In the Explore view on the left, select Alert > Storage > configuration.
- In the right panel, type the database account password in the ConnectionPassword field.
- To validate that the database and Security Analytics passwords match, in the Security Analytics menu select Alerts > Summary.
If content appears in the Summary tab, the passwords match and were changed successfully.
If you do not see content in the Summary tab, revise the service password to match the MongoDB password.