This topic tells you how to configure Lockbox Security Settings.
What Is a Lockbox
A lockbox is an encrypted file that you use to store confidential information about an application. The Security Analytics Lockbox stores an encryption key for the Log Collector.
The encryption key is used to encrypt all event source passwords and the event broker password.
When you create the Lockbox, you need to define a password for the Lockbox.
The Log Collector operates the Lockbox in a mode during data collection that does not require you to specify the password (the Log Collector uses the host system fingerprint instead).
These are the lockbox security settings.
Set Up a Lockbox
To set up a lockbox you need to set a password, as follows:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Services.
- In Services, select a Log Collector service.
- Click under Actions and select View > Config.
The Service Config view is displayed with the Log Collector General tab open.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the options panel, select Lockbox to configure Lockbox settings.
- Under Lockbox Security Settings, enter a password in the New Lockbox Password field and click Apply.