This topic provides instructions on how to edit an alert.
Make sure that:
- You have understood the components of the Alert view. For more information, see Alert View.
- You have understood the components of the Create or Modify Alert view. For more information, see Create or Modify Alert View.
Perform the following steps to edit an alert:
- In the Security Analytics menu, click Administration > Reports.
The Manage tab is displayed.
- Click Alerts.
The Alert view is displayed.
- In the Alert List panel, select an alert and click .
The Create/Modify Alert tab is displayed.
- In the Rule Basis field, navigate the rule tree and select another rule.
The Rule name is displayed in the Rule Basis field.
- (Optional) Select a data source from the Data Sources drop-down list.
- (Optional) Modify the alert description in the Description field.
- Modify the appropriate Notification tabs – RECORD, SMTP, SNMP, and Syslog.
- Click Create.
A confirmation message that the alert is edited successfully is displayed.
Previous Topic:Disable an Alert
Next Topic:Enable an Alert
You are hereTable of Contents > Working with Alerts in the Reporting Module > Define Alerts > Edit an Alert