This topic provides instructions on how to set access control for an alert.
Make sure that:
- You have understood the components of the Alert view. For more information, see Alert View.
- You have understood the access permissions the user will have depending on the user role. For more information, see Manage Access for an Alert.
- You have a minimal 'Read & Write' access permission to set access permissions for an alert.
Perform the following steps to set access permissions for an alert:
- In the Security Analytics menu, click Administration > Reports.
The Manage tab is displayed.
- Click Alerts.
The Alert view is displayed.
- In the Alert List panel, select an alert.
- Click > Permissions.
The Alert Permissions dialog box is displayed.
- Based on the user role, select the appropriate buttons.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox if you want to automatically provide read access permission to dependent rules.
- Click Save.
A confirmation message that the permission is successfully set for the selected alert is displayed.
Previous Topic:Manage Access for an Alert
You are hereTable of Contents > Working with Alerts in the Reporting Module > Set Access Control for an Alert