|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Web Threat Detection|
RSA Product/Service Type: Forensics
RSA Version/Condition: 5.1, 6.x
|Issue||We need to restart our WTD Services, can you provide the proper procedure for doing this?|
|Tasks||1. Make sure you have secure access to Scout UI|
2. Make sure you have access to the console
3. Make sure you have permissions to stop and start services
|Resolution||Procedure to shut down the services|
1. Login to Service Manager (Scout) at: https://hostname:4448/services
2. Stop the following services:
Please Note: Leave any other services running, except those listed below!
Procedure to restart the services
1. While in the console start Scout and ScoutProxy. by service <service name> start
2. Login to Service Manager (Scout) at: https://hostname:4448/services.
3. Start the services in the following order:
c. SilverCat (Configuration Manager)
d. UI Server
Note: A tip to help know the service names is to log into the console and go to this directory
# cd /var/opt/silvertail/etc/conf.d and list the contents. When you add 'st-' to the beginning of each list item, these will be the names of the services.
For Example: AnnoDb-0 would be st-AnnoDb-0 and the service can be started with the command: # service st-AnnoDb-0 start