The latest supported BIOS and iDRAC firmware version for Series 4 and Series 5 appliances are available to download and apply. To obtain the latest security fixes and firmware enhancements, RSA strongly recommends updating systems with the updates provided below. The iDRAC firmware updates address several security issues, including updates to the SSL library.
RSA has qualified these firmware versions and have verified it will NOT affect operation of the SA Server, Decoder, Concentrator, Broker, Archiver, ESA, Malware, AIO and Hybrid hosts once applied. Reboot is required after applying iDRAC and BIOS updates.
Important: Please use the following instructions for updating Series 5 and 4S firmware: http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln292363/poweredge-server-updating-firmware-through-the-idrac?lang=en#idrac78
Dell Server BIOS R630/R730/R730XD Version 2.7.1:
IDRAC with Lifecycle Controller V.,188.8.131.52:
Dell Server BIOS PowerEdge R620 Version 2.6.1:
iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller v. 184.108.40.206:
Dell Server BIOS 11G, 6.5.0:
- Click the link to download the file.
- When the File Download window appears, click "Save" to save the file to your hard drive.
- Read over the release information presented by executing the "./[model]_BIOS_LX_[revision].BIN --version" command from the shell.
- Download and install any prerequisites identified in the above step before proceeding.
- Install any necessary Embedded Systems Management firmware prior to this BIOS update.
- Run the update by executing "./[model]_BIOS_LX_[version].BIN" from the shell.
- Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.
Dell iDRAC Monolithic Release 2.85:
For additional documentation, downloads, and more, visit the RSA NetWitness Platform page on RSA Link.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.