Phone numbers are required for users who authenticate using SMS Tokencode. You can manage phone numbers for each user in the following ways:
- Select a phone number that was synchronized from the identity source.
- Manually enter a phone number that is not in the identity source. These phone numbers are stored only in the Cloud Authentication Service and are not added to the identity source or overwritten during synchronization.
- Clear the phone number and blank out the field. Phone numbers that were synchronized from the identity source remain in the list but are not used during authentication and the user is not presented with SMS Tokencode as an authentication option.
Before you begin
Super Admins and Help Desk Administrators can perform this task.
- In the Cloud Administration Console, click Users > Management.
In the Search field, enter the user's User ID, which is also the user's email address. Select the user from the list to display the user's details and registered devices.
Note: If the user cannot be found, a Super Admin must synchronize the identity sources to update user information in the Cloud Authentication Service.
In the SMS Phone field, do one of the following:
Click Show synchronized phone numbers and select a number that was synchronized from the identity source.
Note: Show synchronized phone numbers does not appear if no phone numbers were synchronized from the user's identity source. If this occurs, confirm that phone number attributes were specified in the identity source configuration. Click Users > Identity Sources > Edit.
Enter a new phone number.
Note: To ensure that SMS Tokencodes are correctly routed during transmission, the country code is required. RSA recommends using the +<country_code> format. For example, +16179994393 is a valid a US phone number that includes the country code +1.
- Clear the field to prevent SMS tokencode authentication. Make sure no synchronized phone numbers are selected.
- Click Save.