000035503 - How to provide third party partner access (including RSA SecurCare Providers) to an RSA Link customer account

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Aug 30, 2017Last modified by RSA Customer Support on Sep 28, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000035503
Applies ToRSA Customers with RSA Link Accounts
Issue

Third Party Partner access to RSA Link including RSA SecurCare Providers

Channel Partners (that is, resellers, distributors, etc.) can register for RSA Link under their partner status.  They receive all the same access that customers get, including access to the My RSA Case Management portal.  However, they can only access these features as themselves, not their customers.  For example: The My RSA Case Management portal will let them view and open cases for their own site, but not for their customers.

RSA SecureCare Partners (RSA SCP), Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP) and Managed Detection & Response (MDR) partners are the exception to this rule.  Their customers don’t receive the option to open cases via the My RSA Case Management portal.  Instead, these partners have access to create and manage cases on behalf of their customers’ sites.  To enable this access, the customer does not add them under the My Team tab in the My RSA Case Management portal. Instead, the partner must ask RSA Customer Support to link them to the customer.  Customer Support does this by linking the partner’s contact to the customer’s site in Salesforce as an Account Contact Role.
Customers can add anyone to their account via the My Team tab in the My RSA Case Management portal.  If a partner is added that is not an RSA SCP, MSSP or MDR partner, that partner will have access to the customer’s account in addition to their own.  They’ll be able to open cases on that customer’s behalf, even though they’re not an RSA SCP, MSSP or MDR partner.  They would retain this access until such time as the customer deletes them.  RSA recommends to customers that they regularly review who is attached to their account and remove those who no longer need access.
Resolution

To Provide RSA SecurCare Partner, MSSP or MDR Partner Access to Customer Accounts

1. The customer does not add the RSA SCP via the My Team tab in the My RSA Case Management portal.
  2. The RSA SCP, MSSP or MDR partner contacts RSA Customer Support.
  3. The partner requests that Customer Support link them to the customer.
  4. Customer Support links the partner’s contact to the customer’s site in Salesforce as an Account Contact Role.
For information on adding users as members of My Team within the My RSA Case Management portal, please review the following article:  How do I add my colleagues to our account in RSA Link?
NotesNote that the RSA SCP program only exists in the EMEA and APJ regions.  It was discontinued in AMER over a decade ago.

Attachments

Outcomes