Use the Event Destinations tab of the Log Collection service Config view to configure the destination of event data collected by the Log Collector :
- Log Decoders
- Identity Feed
You must implement the following configuration to create an identity feed.
- A Log Collector service with an Identity Feed Event Processor
- A Log Collector service with Windows Collection configured and enabled
This workflow illustrates the basic tasks needed to start collecting events through Log Collection.
What do you want to do?
|Role||I want to...||Documentation|
Perform basic Log Collection implementation.
|Administrator||Set up a to maintain lockbox settings.||Set Up a Lockbox|
Start Log Collection services.
|Administrator||*Configure Log Collection protocols and event sources.||Configure Collection Protocols and Event Sources|
Verify that Log Collection is working.
*You can perform this task here.
- See the Create an Identity Feed topic in the Live Resource Management Guide.
The Event Destinations tab of the Log Collection service Config view allows you to configure the destination of event data collected by the Log Collector.
The required permission to access this view is Manage Services.
To access the Event Destinations tab:
- Go to Admin > Services .
- Select a Log Collection service.
- Select > View > Config to display the Log Collection configuration parameter tabs.
- Click the Event Destinations tab.
In the Select Event Destinations drop-down menu:
Select Log Decoder to configure Log Decoder destinations for event data collected by the Log Collector.
- Select Identity Feed to configure an identity feed destination for event data collected by the Log Collector.