You can troubleshoot problems and monitor ODBC collection by reviewing the ODBC collector log informational, warning, and error messages to during execution of collection.
Each ODBC log messages includes the:
- Category: debug, info, warning, or failure
- collection method = OdbcCollection
- ODBC event source type (GOTS-name) = Generic ODBC Type Specification name that you configured for the event source.
- collection function completed or attempted (for example, [processing])
- ODBC event source name (DSN-name) = Data Source Name that you configured for the event source.
- description (for example, how many events the Log Collector collected)
- tracking ID = the Log Collector position in the target database table.
The following example illustrates the message you would receive upon successful collection of an ODBC event:
2014-July-25 17:21:25 info (OdbcCollection) : [event-source] [processing] [event-source] Published 100 ODBC events: last tracking id: 2014-July-25 13:22:00.280
The following example illustrates a message you may receive upon unsuccessful collection of an ODBC event:
|Log Message|| |
timestamp failure (OdbcCollection: [event-source] [processing][event-source-type] Failed during doWork: Unable to prepare statement: state: S0002; error-code:208; description: [RSA] [ODBC-driver][event-source-type]Invalid object name 'object-name'.
|Possible Cause|| |
ODBC collection failed while accessing the ODBC Driver or the target database.
Validate the DSN value pairs for the events source.