What Is a Lockbox
A lockbox is an encrypted file that you use to store confidential information about an application. The NetWitness Platform Lockbox stores an encryption key for the Log Collector.
The encryption key is used to encrypt all event source passwords and the event broker password.
When you create the Lockbox, you need to define a password for the Lockbox.
The Log Collector operates the Lockbox in a mode during data collection that does not require you to specify the password (the Log Collector uses the host system fingerprint instead).
These are the lockbox security settings.
|Old Lockbox Password||When you set up a Lockbox for the first time, this field is blank. NetWitness Platform populates this field after you enter a New Lockbox Password and click Apply.|
|New Lockbox Password||Initial or new lockbox password. To maximize lockbox security, specify a password that is eight or more characters in length with at least one numeric character, uppercase character, and non-alphanumeric character such as # or !|
|Apply||Click Apply to save the changes to the lockbox password.|
Set Up a Lockbox
To set up a lockbox you need to set a password, as follows:
- Go to (Admin) > Services.
- Select a Log Collection service.
- Under Actions, select > View > Config to display the Log Collection configuration parameter tabs.
Click the Settings tab.
- In the options panel, select Lockbox to configure Lockbox settings.
- Under Lockbox Security Settings, enter a password in the New Lockbox Password field and click Apply.