This topic covers the following procedures:
- Add Subscribed Resources for Deployment to Services
- Create a Resource Package
- Delete a Subscription
- Display Resource Details in Live Resource View
- Download a Resource
- Locate and Remove a Deployed Resource from Services
- Remove Subscribed Resources from the Deployments Subscriptions Grid
- Show Results as a List or in Detail
- Subscribe and Unsubscribe to a Resource
- View Resource Details
- View Subscribed Resources Selected to Deploy on Services
- Navigate to the CONFIGURE > SUBSCRIPTIONS > Deployments Tab.
- In the Groups panel, select a group.
Subscribed resources, if any, are listed in the Deployments tab Subscriptions panel.
The Add Subscription dialog, which lists subscriptions available for deployment, is displayed.
- Select the subscribed resources that you want to deploy to the services group.
The dialog closes and the subscriptions are added to the listing in the Deployments tab, Subscriptions panel. This stages the resources for deployment at the next synchronization.
You can create a package of resources that you can save in a .zip file and share with others.
A prerequisite for creating resource packages is configuration of the connection and synchronization between the CMS server and NetWitness Suite and the ability to search for resources in the User Interface.
To create a resource package:
Select the resources that you want to package in the Matching Resources grid.
Select Package > Create :
NetWitness Suite creates a .zip file that contains the selected resources and displays the following dialog from which you can open the .zip file or save it to a network drive so that you can share the resources in the package or deploy them at a later date.
NetWitness Suite gives the package a generic name. You should rename it when you save it so that it identifies the resources contained in the package.
When you delete a subscription to a resource, deployed instances of the resource are not deleted. The deployed resource remains on services until explicitly removed, but the resource is no longer synchronized with the resource in NetWitness Suite Live.
To delete a subscription:
- In the Subscriptions tab, select the subscriptions that you want to delete.
A dialog asks for confirmation that you want to delete the subscription.
To confirm removal, click Yes.
The subscription is deleted from the subscriptions list, but any deployed instances of the subscribed resource remain on the services.
After you select a resource (in the Live Resource View), you can display its detailed information.
To open a separate tab in the Live Resource view with details of a selected resource, do one of the following:
If you are viewing the Detailed Results, click the resource type icon or the resource name.
If you are viewing the list results, double-click a resource or select a resource and click Details.
You can download a single resource from the Live Resource View.
To download a resource:
- Go to CONFIGURE > Live Content.
- In the Search Criteria panel, enter the criteria needed to return the resource that you want to download.
- Select a single resource, then click .
- Click .
The resource is saved as a ZIP archive to your local Downloads folder.
You can locate and remove a deployed resource from services from the Live Resource View.
To view a list of services on which a resource is deployed:
The Service Locator dialog is displayed.
- Select one or more services in the Services list.
The resource is removed from the selected services.
Subscriptions that are selected for deployment to a service group are deployed during synchronization. You can remove subscriptions from the Live Configure view > Deployments tab > Subscriptions panel, but any that have actually been deployed to services remain deployed until someone removes them.
To remove resources from the Deployments tab Subscriptions panel:
In the Groups panel, select a group.
Subscribed resources, if any, are listed in the Subscriptions panel.
A dialog requests confirmation that you want to delete the resource from the service group. The resource is removed from the Deployments tab Subscriptions panel, but is not removed from services on which it is deployed.
To change to grid results when viewing detailed results, select Show Results > Grid.
To change to detailed results when viewing grid results, select Show Results > Detailed.
When you subscribe to resources, you will receive notification when new versions of the resources are available.
To subscribe to a resource:
- Navigate to the Live > Search view.
- In the Search Criteria panel, specify search criteria and click Search.
A confirmation dialog is displayed: By subscribing to these resources, you are indicating that you wish to receive notification when new versions are available.
To confirm that you want to subscribe to the resource, click OK.
The resource is added to the subscriptions managed in the Subscriptions tab and is available for deployment in the Deployments tab.
When unsubscribing from a resource, you have the option to leave the resource on services on which it is deployed or to remove it from services.
To unsubscribe from a resource:
A confirmation dialog is displayed.
Do one of the following:
- To confirm that you want to unsubscribe from the resource and leave it on the services where it is deployed, click Unsubscribe.
- To confirm that you want to unsubscribe from the resource and remove it from the services where it is deployed, click Unsubscribe and Remove from Services.
- To close the dialog without unsubscribing, click Cancel.
The selected action is applied.
You can display detailed information about a subscribed resource in the Resource View.
To view details:
- In the Subscriptions tab, select a single subscription.
The details of the resource are displayed in the Resource View.
In the Live Configure view > Deployments tab you can view subscribed resources that have been selected for deployment on services.
To view subscribed resources that have been selected for deployment on services:
The resource subscriptions selected for deployment are listed in the Deployments tab Subscriptions panel.