Administrators can search for resources in the Live Search view, which is also the same as browsing the Live CMS for resources using the Search Criteria panel of the Live Search View.
To find resources:
In the Search Criteria panel, specify search criteria. Enter any or all of these: keyword, category, type of resource, medium, meta keys, meta values, date resource was created, and date resource was modified.
Detailed results are shown in the Matching Resources panel.
- (Optional) To further narrow the results In the Matching Resources panel, click on a tag, meta key, medium or resource meta value in a result.
Deploy Resources in Live
In RSA NetWitness Platform, you can deploy selected resources manually, using the Deployment Wizard, or you can subscribe to a group of resources.
- When you have results from browsing resources in NetWitness Platform Live, you can deploy resources manually to a service or a service group without subscribing to the resources.
- Deploying resources manually deploys to services without taking advantage of the powerful resource management capabilities of NetWitness Platform. If you want to receive notification and updates for updated resources and be able to easily remove resources from a service, you must subscribe to resources in the Live Search view and deploy them in the Live Configure View.
To deploy manually:
- Select a resource or group of resources, or select a previously-created package of resources.
- Click Deploy, which starts the Deployment Wizard.
- Review the list of selected resources.
- Select the Services or Service Groups on which to deploy the selected resources.
- Review your previous selections.
The following procedure describes how to deploy a group of resources or a resource package:
- You can select one or more resources in the Live Resource View , then deploy them to services.
- Or, if you have previously created and saved a resource package, you can deploy the package to services. Please refer to Resource Package Deployment Wizard for instructions on how to create a package.
To deploy resources manually:
- Go to CONFIGURE > Live Content.
Select a group of resources, or a previously created resource package.
To select a resource or group of resources:
To select a resource package to deploy:
In the Live Search view - Matching Resources toolbar, select Package > Deploy .
The Package page of the Resource Package Deployment wizard is displayed.
- Click Browse and select a package from your network (for example resourceBundle-FeedsParsersContent.zip).
At this point, whether you are deploying a package or a group of resources, the Deployment Wizard opens, and the Resources page is displayed.
The Services page displayed has two tabs, Services and Groups, which provide a list of services and service groups that are configured in the ADMIN > Services view. The columns are a subset of the columns available in the Services view.
Select the services to which you want to deploy the content. You can select any combination of services and service groups.
- Use the Services tab to select individual services, list of services and service groups that are configured in the ADMIN Services view.
- Use the Groups tab to select groups of services.
The Review page is displayed.
Make sure that you have selected correct resources and the services to which you want to deploy them.
The Deploy page is displayed. The Progress bar turns green when you have successfully deployed the resources to the selected services.
If you try to deploy resources and services that are not compatible, NetWitness Platform displays the Errors and Retry buttons, which you can click to review the errors and re-attempt the deployment.
- Click Close.
After deploying parsers to Decoders and Log Decoders, you must enable parsers on the individual services as described in the Decoder and Log Decoder Configuration Guide.