With a connection to the CMS server, you can search for, subscribe to, and deploy resources from Live in accordance with your subscription level. Once you have found resources, you deploy them to services and service groups that have been configured in the ADMIN > Services view.
There are several workflows for deploying resources to services and managing those deployments. These include:
- Subscribe and deploy resources
- Deploy a resource bundle
- Remove deployments of resources
- Download resources
- Set up data feeds
Manage Subscription and Deployment
The subscription and deployment workflow takes advantage of the resource management tools available in Live. By subscribing to resources, you agree to receive updated resources in accordance with the synchronization configured in the ADMIN > Live Configuration panel.
By adding subscribed resources to the deployments list, you configure NetWitness Platform to automatically push those resources to the selected services at the configured synchronization intervals. This method requires some planning of service groups and services where resources are deployed. In addition:
- You can remove a resource from the deployments list in the Deployments Tab.
- You can unsubscribe from a resource in the Subscriptions Tab and the Live Resource View.
To manage subscriptions and deployment:
- In the ADMIN > System > Live Services panel, specify an interval at which NetWitness Platform checks for updates to subscribed resources in Live and specify the email addresses of people to receive an email listing subscribed resources that have been updated.
- In the CONFIGURE > Live Content search view, search for and subscribe to Live resources.
- In the CONFIGURE > Subscriptions > Deployments tab, select subscribed resources and add them to the deployment list for services groups.
- (Optional) In the CONFIGURE > Subscriptions > Deployments tab, click to deploy the resources listed in the Deployments tab immediately.
- In the CONFIGURE > Subscriptions > Deployments tab, select deployed resources from a Group, and remove them from services.
- In the CONFIGURE > Subscriptions tab, unsubscribe from resources.
Remove a Deployed Resource
Once deployed to a service, Live resources remain on the service until removed. It is a good practice to remove unused resources from services on which they are deployed.
To remove deployed resources:
- Go to the Live Resource View,
- Unsubscribe from a resource, and remove it from deployed services.
To deploy a content package, use the Resource Package Deployment Wizard. You can deploy a content package created in Live to one or more services. NetWitness Platform accepts packages in .nwp files or .zip files.
To download resources to your local file system, use the Download button in the Live Resource view.
Set Up Data Feeds
In the Live > Feeds view, you can set up and maintain Custom and Identify feeds.