This topic explains to administrators how to enable trial rules when creating new rules or editing rules. Trial rules are automatically disabled if a specified total JVM memory utilization threshold is exceeded.
- Go to CONFIGURE > ESA Rules.
The Configure ESA Rules view is displayed with the Rules tab open.
- From the Rule Library, choose to add or edit a rule. The rule builder is displayed in a new tab.
- To make a new or existing rule a trial rule, select the Trial Rule checkbox.
- Add the rule conditions or modify the rule as needed. For instructions on editing rules, see Add Rules to the Rule Library.
- Click Save.
- Ensure that trial rules are enabled for your ESA and that you are satisfied with the thresholds configured for trial rules.
The memory threshold is set in the configuration file. To configure it, see "Change Memory Threshold for Trial Rules" in the ESA Configuration Guide.
- The threshold is configured per ESA and is a percentage of Java Virtual Memory.
- The configuration parameter, fatal-percentage, has a default value of 90.
- Optionally, you can set up the policies in Health and Wellness to send you an email notification if the total JVM memory utilization threshold is exceeded.
The next time you deploy the rule, it runs in trial rule mode.