The following information suggests the possible issues that NetWitness users may encounter when adding a Warehouse service to the Reporting Engine as a data source for reporting in NetWitness. Look for explanations and solutions in this section.
While adding a Warehouse service to the Reporting Engine as a data source for reporting, you may observe some of the errors listed in this document. Information is provided on how to troubleshoot the errors and add the data source successfully.
The following figure shows the New Service dialog.
For more information, see "Add Warehouse as a Data Source to Reporting Engine" in the Reporting Engine Configuration Guide.
To add SFTP destination to Warehouse Connector, you need to follow the below steps:
- SSH to NetWitness Host and run the following command to edit ssd_config file:
- Do not comment HostKey/etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
- You must append KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1
- Run the following command to restart NetWitness Host:
systemctl restart sshd
- On Warehouse Connector Host SSH to NetWitness Host and run the following command:
ssh -o "HostKeyAlgorithms ssh-rsa" root@<NWhost_IP>
For example, ssh -o "HostKeyAlgorithms ssh-rsa" firstname.lastname@example.org
- Run the following curl command on Warehouse Connector Host to authenticate:
curl -vvvv sftp://root:netwitness@<NWhost_ip>:22/root/
For example, curl -vvvv sftp://root:netwitness@<10.10.10.10>:22/root/
- You can now add SFTP Destination from UI.