Make sure that you have:
- Installed the Warehouse Connector service or virtual appliance in your network environment.
- Added the hostname (or FQDN) and IP address of the warehouse nodes and Warehouse Connector to the DNS server. If the DNS server is not configured, add the hostname (or FQDN) and IP address of the warehouse nodes and Warehouse Connector to the file in the host on which the Warehouse Connector service is installed.
- If you want Kerberos authentication between the warehouse connector and the warehouse cluster, make sure that you perform the following:
- Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC) Server is configured in your network environment and the Kerberos Keytab file is copied to the host on which you have installed Warehouse Connector.
- Kerberos authentication is enabled in the warehouse cluster.
- If you want to enable checksum validation to validate the integrity of the AVRO files that are transferred from the Warehouse Connector to the destinations, make sure that you generate the keys without setting the passphrase and do a key exchange between the Warehouse Connector and the warehouse nodes. You need to configure SSH key-based access between the Warehouse Connector and the Warehouse host or hadoop node. For more information, see 'Configure SSH Keys' in Configure the Destination Using SFTP.
To configure the destination:
- Log on to NetWitness Platform.
- Go to (Admin) > Services.
- In the Services view, select the added Warehouse Connector service and select > View > Config.
The Services Config view of Warehouse Connector is displayed.
- On the Sources and Destinations tab, in the Destination Configuration section, click .
- In the Add Destination dialog, select WebHDFS from the drop-down list.
- In the Name field, enter a unique symbolic name for the destination.
- In the Hadoop IP field, enter the namenode IP address of the warehouse cluster.
- In the Hadoop Port field, enter the base port that is used by the namenode web user interface.
- In the Username field, enter the owner of the directory in the warehouse to which Warehouse Connector should write the data.
- In the Hadoop Path field, enter the path of the directory in the warehouse to which Warehouse Connector should write the data.
- Select the Kerberos Authentication checkbox, if you want the warehouse connector to securely communicate with the warehouse using Kerberos authentication.
Perform the following:
- In the Kerberos Principal field, enter the KDC Principal used for Kerberos authentication.
- In the Kerberos Keytab File Path field, enter the path of the Kerberos Keytab file in the Warehouse Connector.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) If you want to enable checksum validation, perform the following:
- Go to (Admin) > Services.
- In the Services view, select the added Warehouse Connector service and select > View > Explore.
The Explore view of Warehouse Connector is displayed.
- In the options panel, navigate to warehouseconnector/destinations/webhdfs/config.
- Set the parameter isChecksumValidationRequired to 1.
- Restart the respective stream.
Previous Topic:Configure the Destination Using SFTP
Next Topic:Configure a Stream
You are hereTable of Contents > Configure the Destination > Configure the Destination Using WebHDFS