The General tab for a Broker or Concentrator in the Services Config helps manage basic service configuration, configure the aggregate service, and configure the aggregation process between a Broker or Concentrator and the aggregate service.
Configuring the aggregate service (whose data is consumed and aggregated) includes:
- Adding, editing, and deleting Concentrators and Brokers as aggregate services
- Toggling an aggregate service online and offline
- Monitoring statistics for aggregate services
- Starting and stopping aggregation
Configuring the aggregation process includes setting:
- Aggregation autostart
- Timing and performance parameters, such as the number of sessions per round of aggregation and time between rounds
- The timing of attempts to restart, reconnect, or take offline a non-responsive aggregate service
What do you want to do?
These are the three major sections in the General tab for Brokers and Concentrators:
- Aggregate Services
- System Configuration
- Aggregation Configuration
The Aggregate Services section provides a way to start and stop aggregation, as well as add, edit, delete, and toggle an aggregate service. This is an example of the Aggregate Services section for a Concentrator.
The Aggregate Services section toolbar offers these options.
The Aggregate Services section list has these columns.
The System Configuration section has these parameters.
Aggregation Configuration Section
The Aggregation Configuration section provides configuration settings that affect various aspects of the aggregation process. When you click Apply, the changes are saved; however, not all settings take effect immediately. The tables for Aggregation Settings and Service Heartbeat provide details.
In communicating with each aggregate service, Brokers and Concentrators monitor the heartbeat of the service. These parameters specify the timing of the first attempt to reconnect to a service after an error, the next attempt to reconnect, and taking the service offline after failure to reconnect.
When editing parameters in the General tab, you must click Apply to save changes.