You can configure queues and pools in the Reporting Engine to schedule NWDB or Warehouse reports. For more information on Task Schedulers, see "Task Scheduler for Warehouse Reporting" in the Reporting Guide
Make sure that you have identified the following:
- Scheduler type and pools or queues you want to use. You can configure only one scheduler for the Reporting Engine. By default the Fair Scheduler is configured.
Names of the queues or pools, and the resources given to each queue and pool.
- NetWitness Platform does not support multiple queues or pools per cluster. RSA recommends that you either provide unique names to queues or pools in all the clusters or use the same queue or pool names in both the clusters. If cluster size is large, there may be more than 3 pools or queues.
- If you are using an unsupported scheduler, the Reporting Engine does not set any property for the jobs that it launches.
- If the name of the pool or queue does not exist in the cluster, then Capacity Scheduler uses the default queue for the report. The Fair Scheduler may not execute the rule or creates a new pool with the lowest share. This is based on the value specified for the Fair Scheduler property mapred.fairscheduler.allow.undeclared.pools.
If you do not specify a pool or queue, the job launched by the test rule is in the mapr pool or the default queue. RSA recommends that you configure a pool mapr with low (around 1/10 of total capacity) share with maxRunningJobs = 2 so that these rules do not disrupt running reports. Make sure that you do not specify this pool name for any reports.
Specify the Pools and Queues
To specify the pools and queues:
- Go to Admin > Services.
- Select Reporting Engine and click > View > Explore.
- Select com.rsa.soc.re > Configuration > HiveConfig > hiveconfig > WarehouseResourcePoolNames.
In the WarehouseResourcePoolNames field, enter the pool or queue names separated by spaces. For example, to configure four pools or queues with the names pool1, pool2, wrong and default, enter the names separated by a space.