You can use the Warehouse data to generate Reports by using the following high-level tasks and configuring the NetWitness Platform Warehouse Connector.
Ensure that you have:
- Installed the NetWitness Platform Warehouseservice in your network environment.
- Added a collection on the Warehouse service.
Add Warehouse Connector Service
The Warehouse Connector service is installed on a Reporting Engine.
To add the Warehouse service:
- In the main menu, select ADMIN> Services.
The Add Service dialog is displayed.
Provide the following details.
- Click Test Connection to determine if NetWitness Platform connects to the service.
When the result is successful, click Save.
The added service is now displayed in the services panel.
After you have configured the Reporting Engine, you must add the data sources to Reporting Engine, so that you can extract the data and generate Reports and Alerts. The procedure to add NWDB, IPDB and RESPOND data sources is the same. However, the procedure to add Warehouse as a data source differs.
Add Data Source to Reporting Engine
The following procedure explains how to add NWDB as a data source. You can use the same procedure, if you want to add the IPDB and Respond Data sources to Reporting Engine
- Reporting Engine is added and configured in NetWitness Platform
- Data Sources are added and configured in NetWitness Platform
To add a NWDB data source to Reporting Engine:
- Select ADMIN > Services.
- In the Services , select Reporting Engine service.
The Services Config View of Reporting Engine is displayed.
The New Service dialog is displayed.
Add Warehouse as a Data Source to Reporting Engine
You have to carry out the following Warehouse configurations to be able to use the data from Warehouse data source to generate Reports and Alerts:
- Add a Warehouse Data Source to Reporting Engine
- Set Warehouse Data Source as the Default Source
Make sure that:
- Hive server is in running state on all the Warehouse nodes. You can use the following command to check the status of the hive server:
status hive2 (MapR deployments)
service hive-server2 status (Horton Works deployments)
- Warehouse Connector is configured to write data to the warehouse deployments.
If Kerberos authentication is enabled for HiveServer2, make sure that the keytab file is copied to the
/var/netwitness/re-server/rsa/soc/reporting-engine/directory in the Reporting Engine Host.
Also, make sure that you update the keytab file location in the Kerberos Keytab File parameter in the Reporting Engine Service Config View. For more information, see Reporting Engine General Tab.