You can use the NWDB Workbench data to generate Reports by using the following high-level tasks and configuring the NetWitness Suite NWDB .
Ensure that you have:
- Installed the NetWitness Suite NWDB service in your network environment.
- Added a collection on the NWDB service.
Refer the following table to configure NWDB :
Add Workbench Service
The Workbench service is installed on a Reporting Engine. The data that is to be restored must be restored on the Workbench service.
To add the Workbench service:
- In the main menu, select ADMIN> Services.
The Add Service dialog is displayed.
Provide the following details.
- Click Test Connection to determine if NetWitness Suite connects to the service.
When the result is successful, click Save.
The added service is now displayed in the services panel.
You have to carry out the following Workbench configurations to you to be able to use data from Workbench data source to generate Reports and Alerts:This topic provides following instructions describes on how to add Workbench service as a data source to Reporting Engine to generate report for the data collected by Workbench.
Make sure you have:
- Added Workbench as a service to your NetWitness Suite deployment. For more information, see Step 1. Add Workbench Service in the Archiver Configuration Guide.
- Added a Collection on the Workbench service.
Perform the following steps to add Workbench as a data source to Reporting Engine:
- In the main menu, select ADMIN > Services.
- In the Servicespanel, select a Reporting Engine service.
The Services Config View of Reporting Engine is displayed.
- Select the Sources tab.
The Available Services dialog is displayed:
- Select the Workbench service and click OK.
The workbench service is now added as a data source to the Reporting Engine.
You can now create reports on the data collected by Workbench.