In the Events view a list of events associated with a session is available; this view is optimized for viewing raw events in sequence by time. You can display the events list in several forms, filter events, search for events, and open a reconstruction of an event.
There are two ways to display the Events view:
- Go to INVESTIGATE > Events. NetWitness Suite runs a default query on the last three hours for the default service (if one is set) or displays a dialog in which you can select a service and then runs the default query. The default query selects all events and the Events view displays events on the selected service, with the oldest events first.
- From within the Navigate view, double-click an event. The Events view displays the events on the selected service based on the drill point in the Navigate view.
What do you want to do?
*You can perform this task in the current view.
- How NetWitness Investigate Works
- Examining Raw Events in the Events View
- Combine Events from Split Sessions
- Filter Results in the Event Analysis View
- Manage Column Groups in the Events View
The Events view provides three built-in presentations of event data: the Detail view, the List view, and the Log view. The List view and Detail view are intended for viewing packet data events, and they provide more information for each event including the timestamp, event type, event theme, and size.
- The List View shows corresponding source and destination address and port information for events in summary form in a grid.
- The Detail View shows all metadata collected for the event in a paged view.
- The Log View is optimized for viewing log information, and provides more information for each log including the timestamp, event type, service type, service class, and the logs.
You can use queries, the time range setting, and profiles to filter the events listed in the Events view. From any view type in Events view, you can extract files; export events, logs, and meta values; open the Event Reconstruction panel, and open Event Analysis.
The following figure is an example of events in the Detail View. The Context Lookup panel is visible only if the Context Hub service is configured.
The following figure is an example of events in the List View.
The following figure is an example of the Log View.
The Events view has a toolbar at the top with the following options.