NetWitness Suite provides system notifications to advise users about certain actions or conditions.
- A host upgrade completed.
- A parser push to decoders completed.
- A service went down (critical log of a certain type).
- A visualization completed.
- A report completed.
- A newer software version is available.
While you are working in NetWitness Suite, you can view recent system notifications without leaving the module in which you are working. You can open a quick view of notifications from the NetWitness Suite toolbar. You can look anytime, but when a new notification is received, the Notifications icon is flagged.
When you are viewing notifications in the Notifications tray, only recent notifications are displayed. You can view all notifications in a table format in the Profile view or in the System view. Procedures for viewing notifications are provided in Viewing and Deleting Notifications.
What do you want to do?
To access the Notifications panel, do one of the following:
- Go to Profile, then in the options panel of the Profile view, select Notifications.
- Go to ADMIN > SYSTEM, then in the options panel of the System view, select Notifications.
- Click , then click View All in the Notifications tray.
The Notifications panel and tray has a toolbar and a table. The Notification tray is a subset of the information in the Notifications panel. The following table describes the Notifications panel features.