RSA NetWitness® Platform provides system notifications to advise users about certain actions or conditions:
- A host upgrade completed.
- A parser push to decoders completed.
- A service went down (critical log of a certain type).
- A visualization completed.
- A report completed.
- A newer software version is available.
While you are working in NetWitness Platform, you can view recent system notifications without leaving the area where you are working. You can open a quick view of notifications from the NetWitness Platform toolbar. You can look anytime, but when a new notification is received, the Notifications icon is flagged ().
When you are viewing notifications in the Notifications tray, only recent notifications are displayed. You can access all of your notifications from your user Profile and from the Notifications tray by selecting the View All option. Procedures for viewing notifications are provided in Viewing and Deleting Notifications.
What do you want to do?
To access the Notifications panel, do one of the following:
- Click to open the Notifications tray and then click View All in the Notifications tray.
- In the upper right corner of the NetWitness Platform browser window, select > Profile and then in the options panel of the Preferences dialog, select Notifications.
The Notifications panel is displayed.
The Notifications tray shows your recent notifications. It contains a subset of the information in the Notifications panel. The Notifications panel shows all of your notifications. The following table describes the Notifications panel and Notifications tray features.