NW: User Preferences

Document created by RSA Information Design and Development on Sep 18, 2017Last modified by RSA Information Design and Development on Sep 28, 2017
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

To adjust NetWitness Suite to best fit your environment and work practices, you can set your own global application preferences. You can:

• Set your language and time zone
  • Set the date and time formats (Respond view only)
  • Select your default starting location (Respond view only)
  • Change your password
  • Enable notifications
  • Enable context menus
  • Change Investigate preferences - Described in the Investigation and Malware Analysis User Guide.

Your global preference options vary depending on whether you access them from the Respond view or other views, such as Investigate, Monitor, Configure, and Admin.

What do you want to do?

RoleI want to ...Show me how
AllChange my PasswordChange My Password
AllChoose my Default Landing PageSetting up Your Default View by SOC Role
AllSet my User PreferencesSetting User Preferences

Related Topics

User Preferences (Respond view)

To access your user preferences, click User Profile icon .
The User Preferences dialog shows your current preferences and the NetWitness Suite version. The main menu bar shows the current time zone preference next to the user profile icon.

An example of the dialog showing available user preferences. it shows the fields described in the table below.

The following table describes the global application preference options that you can access from the Respond view.

OptionDescription
Time ZoneSets the time zone to use in NetWitness Suite.
Date FormatSets the format for the order of the display of the month (MM), day (DD), and year (YYYY). For example, the MM/DD/YYYY format shows the date as 05/11/2017.
Time FormatSets the time as 12-hour or 24-hour time. For example, 2:00 PM in 12-hour time is 14:00 in 24-hour time.
Default Landing PageEnables you to select the default view when you log in to NetWitness Suite. You can choose Respond, Investigate, Monitor, Configure, and Admin according to your user role. For example, you can choose Respond to go directly to the relevant section of the application for Incident Responders.
This selection sets the default view for the entire application.

Change my password

Opens the Preferences dialog where you can change your password.

VersionShows the NetWitness Suite version.
Sign OutEnables you to log out of NetWitness Suite.

Any selections that you make become effective immediately.

Preferences

To access your user preferences, do one of the following:

• For most views, such as Investigate, Monitor, Configure, or Admin, go to Shows the user profile icon > Profile.
  • In the Respond view, select Profile icon and in the User Preferences dialog click Change my password
    The Preferences dialog shows your current preferences.

An example of the dialog showing available user preferences. it shows the fields described in the table below.

The following tables describe the global application preference options that you can access from these views.

Change My Password

This section enables you to change your password. Your Administrator defines the appropriate password strength requirements for your NetWitness Suite password, such as minimum password length and minimum number of uppercase, lowercase, decimal, non-Latin alphabetic, and special characters. These requirements are then displayed when changing your password.

The following tables describes the options in the Change My Password section.

OptionDescription

Old Password

Enter the password that you used to log in to NetWitness Suite.

New PasswordEnter the password that you want to use for the next login.
Confirm PasswordRetype the new password.
Reset Password

Updates your user profile with the new password. You will be logged out of NetWitness Suite for the changes to take effect. The new password becomes effective the next time you log in to NetWitness Suite. The password change is applied to your system login and to all NetWitness Suite services on which your account has been added.

If you changed your password, you will be logged out of NetWitness Suite for the changes to take effect. The new password becomes effective the next time you log in to NetWitness Suite.

Application Settings

The following tables describes the options in the Application Settings section.

OptionDescription
Browser Time ZoneSets the time zone to use in NetWitness Suite. Your time zone preference is displayed on the toolbar.
Enable NotificationsThis checkbox enables and disables notifications for your user account. By default, NetWitness Suite system notifications are enabled when a new user account is created.
Enable Context MenusThis checkbox enables and disables context menus for your user account. By default, context menus are enabled when a new user account is created. Context menus provide additional functions for specific views when you right-click in a view.
Apply

Updates your preferences and applies the changes immediately.

You are here
Table of Contents > NetWitness Suite Getting Started References > NW: Preferences

Attachments

Outcomes