You can add dashlets to the default dashboard or construct a custom dashboard with your own useful set of dashlets to make your workflow more efficient. Some dashlets have configuration options to tailor the appearance or the contents of the dashlet.
Add a Dashlet
To customize the views in Security Analytics, you can add dashlets to the Security Analytics dashboard or a custom dashboard. The Security Analytics dashboard, as the name suggests, offers all Security Analytics dashlets. The Add a Dashlet dialog provides a way to define the name and configurable parameters for a new dashlet.
- To add a dashlet, navigate to any dashboard.
The Add a Dashlet dialog is displayed.
Click on the Type selection list to display available types of dashlets, and select the type of dashlet to add; for example, Admin Service Monitor.
Additional configurable fields become available in the Add a Dashlet dialog; these vary depending on the dashlet. For example, in an Admin Service Monitor dashlet, you define the dashlet title and the type of service to monitor. All dashlets have a title.
- Type a title for the dashlet. You can type letters, numbers, special characters, and spaces for the name. For example, Service Monitor Dashlet could be the title.
- If there are additional configurable fields for the dashlet, set appropriate values. You can select more than one service type.
When all required fields have been configured, click Add.
The dashlet is added to the dashboard.
Edit Dashlet Properties
Some dashlets are read-only and properties are not configurable. Other dashlets are configurable to allow users to customize some aspect of the data displayed in that dashlet. A dashlet with editable properties has a settings icon that displays the property sheet for editing.
A dashlet with no editable properties, such as the Live Subscriptions dashlet, does not display the settings icon in the title bar.
Many dashlets have an editable title. An example of a dashlet with additional configurable properties is the Admin Service Monitor dashlet where you can edit the following properties:
- Dashlet display title.
- Type of services to monitor; for example, you can monitor only Decoders, or you can monitor Decoders and Concentrators.
Other dashlets have parameters that you define to specify the kind and amount of information you want to see in the dashlet. The custom Investigation Dashboard has three dashlets. Each of the three displays the settings icon.
- Change any of the displayed properties. For example, in an Investigation Top Values dashlet, you can change the Result Limit from 20 to 40.
The changes are applied.