A dashboard is a group of dashlets that give you the ability to view in one space key snapshots of the various modules that you consider important. In NetWitness Suite, you can compose dashboards to obtain high-level information and metrics that portray the overall picture of a NetWitness Suite deployment, displaying only the information that is most relevant to day-to-day operations.
By default, the NetWitness Suite Dashboard is displayed when you log into NetWitness Suite, and it is populated with a few useful dashlets to get you started with your own customizations. The dashlets for all NetWitness Suite modules are available to add to the default NetWitness Suite dashboard or a custom NetWitness Suite dashboard.
To display the NetWitness Suite dashboard, do one of the following:
- Log on to NetWitness Suite, and the application opens to the NetWitness Suite dashboard.
- In the NetWitness Suitemenu, select Dashboard.
The Default Dashboard
The default dashboard is configured to display specific dashlets in specific positions. The default dashboard serves as an example of dashboard composition and a starting point for customization.
- You can customize the information on the default dashboard by editing dashlets, adding dashlets, moving dashlets, maximizing dashlets, and deleting dashlets.
- After modifying the default dashboard, you can restore the default dashboard to its original layout.
- The default dashboard cannot be deleted
You can create custom dashboards to serve a particular purpose; for example, to represent a specific geographical or functional area of the network. Each custom dashboard is appended to the Dashboard Selection List.
Once custom dashboards are created, you can:
- Switch between dashboards by selecting an option from the Dashboard Selection List
- Delete any custom dashboard
- Import or export a dashboard
Each dashboard has:
- The dashboard toolbar
- The dashboard title and the Dashboards Selection List
- Zero or more dashlets
Out-Of-The-Box dashboards are dashboards that will be available to the user on installation. These dashboards are activated on (Undefined variable: Components.SA)installation. For more information on each Out-Of-The-Box dashboards, see the OOTB Dashboards PDF.
The dashboard toolbar is available next to the current dashboard title. The dashboard toolbar allows various operations on dashboards and dashlets.
The dashboard title reflects the current module; for example, Dashboard.
Dashboard Selection List
NetWitness Suite uses dashlets to display focused subsets of system information, services, jobs, resources, subscriptions, rules, Incident Queue activity, Incident Analysts activity, and other information.
NetWitness Suite modules can display only those dashlets presented in the Add a Dashlet dialog. The main dashboard offers all NetWitness Suite dashlets. This is an example of currently available dashlets.
Controls for a dashlet are in the title bar. All dashlets use a common set of controls, and only those that apply to the particular dashlet appear in the title bar.