By default NetWitness Server uses a web server certificate generated by NetWitness Suite for HTTPS connection. NetWitness Suite also allows you to configure custom web server certificate to be used as NetWitness Server certificate . You can configure custom web server certificate even if PKI is not enabled.
Supported Certificate Formats
The following certificate formats are supported. You must select the format that meets your requirement:
- For server certificate with its private key:
- pkcs12 or .p12
Import NW Server Certificate with its Private Key
To import NW Server certificate with its private key
- In the main menu, select ADMIN > Security.
The Security view is displayed with the Users tab open.
- Click the PKI Settings tab.
- In the Server Certificates section, click .
The Import Server Certificates dialog is displayed.
- In the Keystore/Certificate File field, click Browse and select the certificate store.
- In the Password field, enter the password of the certificate store.
- (Optional) If Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) is enabled and you want to import an issuer certificate as the Trusted CAs, select the Import CAs checkbox.
- Click Save.
The NetWitness Server certificate with its private key is successfully added to NetWitness Suite.
- To specify a default server certificate, select a certificate and click Use as Server Certificate.
The selected server certificate is highlighted in red.
Restart NetWitness Server for changes to take effect.