This topic describes the procedure to enable Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) authentication on NetWitness Suite.
To enable PKI, make sure that:
- At least one Active Directory (AD) is configured and enabled on NetWitness Suite. This AD must be reachable and the roles must be mapped.
- One Server Certificate is configured and set as 'Use as Server Certificate'.
- One Trusted CA certificate is configured.
Enable PKI Authentication
To enable PKI authentication:
- In NetWitness Suite, go to ADMIN > Security.
The Security view is displayed with the Users tab open.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Enable PKI section, select the Enable PKI checkbox.
- Click Apply.
The Pre-Requisite Checks dialog is displayed.
- Click Enable PKI.
- Refresh the puppet agent on the NetWitness Suite host using the following command:
puppet agent -t
After you enable PKI:
- Make sure you do not delete the AD configuration and external group mapping that corresponds to the user certificate's domain.
- To log out from a PKI based session, you must close the browser used to access NetWitness Suite.
- If audit log is enabled, the user login and activity is logged using the user DN.
You are hereTable of Contents > Sec/User Mgmt: Step 6. Enable PKI