Complete the following steps to deploy the OVA file on the vCenter Server or ESX Server using the vSphere client.
Make sure that you have:
- Network IP addresses, netmask, and gateway IP addresses for the virtual host.
- Network names for all virtual hosts, if you are creating a cluster.
- DNS or host information.
- Password for virtual host access. The default username is
rootand the default password is
- The NetWitness Suite virtual host package file. (You download this package from Download Central (https://community.rsa.com).)
To deploy the OVA host:
- Log on to the ESXi environment.
- In the File drop-down, select Deploy OVF Template.
- The Deploy OVF Template dialog is displayed. In the Deploy OVF Template dialog, select the OVF for the host that you want to deploy in the virtual environment (for example, V11.0 GOLD\OVFImge\v11_SA_OVF\nwreuax_OVF11.ovf), and click Next.
- The Name and Location dialog is displayed. The designated name does not reflect the server hostname. The name displayed is useful for inventory reference from within ESXi.
- Make a note of the name, and click Next.
Storage Options are displayed.
- For Storage options, designate the datastore location for the virtual host.
- Click Next.
The Network Mapping options are displayed.
- Leave the default values, and click Next.
Previous Topic: Install SA Virtual Host in Virtual Environment
Next Topic:Step 2. Configure the Network
You are hereTable of Contents > Install SA Virtual Host in Virtual Environment > Step 1. Deploy the Virtual Host