The General tab for an Archiver in the Services Config view helps manage basic service configuration, configure the aggregate service, and configure the aggregation process between an Archiver and the aggregate service.
To access the General tab, go to ADMIN > Services, select an Archiver service, then select View > Config.
This workflow illustrates the end-to-end installation and configuration process for an Archiver.
Configuring the aggregate service (whose data is consumed and aggregated) includes:
- Adding, editing, and deleting Archivers as aggregate services
- Toggling an aggregate service online and offline
- Monitoring statistics for aggregate services
- Starting and stopping aggregation
Configuring the aggregation process includes setting:
- Aggregation autostart
- Timing and performance parameters, such as the number of sessions per round of aggregation and time between rounds
- The timing of attempts to restart, reconnect, or take offline a non-responsive aggregate service
This is an example of the General tab.
These are the three major sections in the General tab for Archivers:
- Aggregate Services
- System Configuration
- Aggregation Configuration
The Aggregate Services section provides a way to start and stop aggregation, as well as add, edit, delete, and toggle an aggregate service. This is an example of the Aggregate Services section for a Concentrator.
The Aggregate Services section toolbar offers these options.
The Aggregate Services section list has these columns.
The System Configuration section manages service configuration for a service. When a service is first added, default values are in effect. You can edit these values to tune performance.
The System Configuration section has these parameters.
Aggregation Configuration Section
The Aggregation Configuration section provides configuration settings that affect various aspects of the aggregation process. When you click Apply, the changes are saved; however, not all settings take effect immediately. The tables for Aggregation Settings and Service Heartbeat provide details.