Accessing Security Analytics can vary based on your environment. You may have an internal Security Analytics user account or an external Security Analytics user account. Internal user accounts are local to Security Analytics and internal users can log on to Security Analytics and receive role-based permissions. External user accounts authenticate outside of Security Analytics and are mapped to Security Analytics roles. If you are an external user and you cannot access Security Analytics or view the information that you need within Security Analytics, contact your System Administrator. Your Administrator can assign the appropriate roles to your account.
When you attempt to log in to Security Analytics, your account can be in one of the following states:
- Valid: You can successfully log on to Security Analytics.
- Locked out: You are unable to log on because there were too many attempts to log in to your account with bad credentials. This is temporary. Contact your Administrator for assistance.
- Expired: You can authenticate to Security Analytics, but you must change your password before accessing Security Analytics.
To access Security Analytics:
- Use a Security Analytics icon provided by your Administrator, or type the following in your web browser:
https://<hostname or IP address>/login
Where <hostname or IP address> is the hostname or IP address of your Security Analytics server.
The Security Analytics login screen is displayed.
- Type your username and password, and then click Login.
If your Login is successful, you will see an initial view based on your user profile preferences.
The following figure shows an example of the Security Analytics default dashboard.
If you are locked out:
If you try too many times to log in with an incorrect username or password, your account will lock. Contact your Administrator to unlock your account.
If your account is expired:
- In the dialog box, type a new password, confirm it, and click Save.
- Click OK to confirm that your password was successfully changed.
You have a maximum of 5 minutes to enter your new password. Your session could time out sooner depending on the session and idle time security settings set by your Administrator. If your session times out, log in again with your old password and then change your password.
If you forgot your password:
- On the Security Analytics login screen, click the Lost Your Password? link.
- In the Lost Password dialog, type your username and click Send.
You should receive an email with instructions. If you do not receive an email, contact your Administrator to add an email address to your account.
If you do not have the appropriate access to Security Analytics:
If you are able to log in successfully to Security Analytics, but you are not able to view the information that you need, it is possible that you need a user role assigned to your user account. Contact your Administrator for assistance.