You can add dashlets to the default dashboard or construct a custom dashboard with your own useful set of dashlets to make your workflow more efficient. Some dashlets have configuration options to tailor the appearance or the contents of the dashlet.
Add a Dashlet
To customize the views in Security Analytics, you can add dashlets to the Security Analytics dashboard or a custom dashboard. The Security Analytics dashboard, as the name suggests, offers all Security Analytics dashlets. The Add a Dashlet dialog provides a way to define the name and configurable parameters for a new dashlet.
- To add a dashlet, navigate to any dashboard.
The Add a Dashlet dialog is displayed.
Click on the Type selection list to display available types of dashlets, and select the type of dashlet to add.
Additional configurable fields become available in the Add a Dashlet dialog; these vary depending on the dashlet. For example, in an Reports RE Alert Variance dashlet, you define the dashlet title, number of alerts, chart type, past hours, and dashlet refresh intervals (minutes). All dashlets have a title.
- Type a title for the dashlet. You can type letters, numbers, special characters, and spaces for the name. For example, Service Monitor Dashlet could be the title.
- If there are additional configurable fields for the dashlet, set appropriate values. You can select more than one service type.
When all required fields have been configured, click Add.
The dashlet is added to the dashboard.
Edit Dashlet Properties
Some dashlets are read-only and properties are not configurable. Other dashlets are configurable to allow users to customize some aspect of the data displayed in that dashlet. A dashlet with editable properties has a settings icon that displays the property sheet for editing.
A dashlet with no editable properties, such as the Live Subscriptions dashlet, does not display the settings icon in the title bar.
Other dashlets have parameters that you define to specify the kind and amount of information you want to see in the dashlet. The custom Investigation Dashboard has three dashlets. Each of the three displays the settings icon.
- Change any of the displayed properties. For example, in an Investigation Top Values dashlet, you can change the Result Limit from 20 to 40.
The following options are available for RE Top Alerts, RE Alert Variance, and RE Realtime Charts dashlets on left-click:
- Hide For 24 Hours: This option allows you to hide the selected value for the next 24 hours. After 24 hours, the data will automatically be displayed on the dashlet, if the value is configured and listed on top.
- Hide Permanently: This option allows you to hide the selected value permanently until you add it back using the Manage Hidden Values option.
- Manage Hidden Values: This option displays a list of all the hidden values. You can select the checkbox for a value and click Remove to view the data back on the chart.